Ambrai Smalltalk by Ambrai Inc.
Ambrai Smalltalk is an implementation of the Smalltalk language and development environment for
Mac OS X
We aim to deliver a rapid application development platform suitable to create new or script existing Mac OS applications.
Whether you are a seasoned programmer or have never written a single line of Smalltalk code, we hope you will consider
Ambrai Smalltalk for your next project.
Ambrai Smalltalk features a complete suite of native development tools and can deploy native
applications that tightly integrate with the Mac OS Desktop.
- Standards Compliant –
Ambrai Smalltalk implements the ANSI/INCITS 319-1998 subset of
specifications widely adopted by the other major Smalltalk vendors.
- Source Code – Ambrai Smalltalk provides full source code,
including the source code for the compiler, debugger, and development environment.
- Native Bindings – Ambrai Smalltalk can bind to Mac OS Shared Libraries and Frameworks.
- Native Look and Feel – Ambrai Smalltalk uses the native Mac OS user interface framework and
therefore integrates tightly with the Mac OS Desktop.
- Development Tools – Ambrai Smalltalk provides package, class, category browsers,
debugger, inspectors, and workspaces. We plan to have an interface builder in the future as well.
- Application Delivery – Ambrai Smalltalk can deploy standard or console applications.
- Connectivity – Ambrai Smalltalk can interface to databases through ODBC and to remote
applications through BSD sockets. These frameworks are not included in the current beta release.
1999-2010 by Smalltalk.org, All Rights Reserved.
May 24 2013
On speaking languages
naturally with ease
aiming for fluid fluency.